Wednesday, February 13, 2008
An Early Valentine
Anne received a Valentine in the mail yesterday from a friend that she used to be on the gymnastics team with. It made her so happy and it came at such a perfect time: I know God's hand was in involved. Anne has been missing her friends from gymanstics terribly. I've tried to keep in touch with her best friend, but even this seems difficult. She had had a sleepover planned with her this week and it was canceled. She was devastated and said through her tears "It seems like we're not important anymore since I'm not on the gymnastics team!" What could I say to that? There's a lot of truth in what she said. People are busy and if you're not convienient or important enough to them that they'll go out of their way, you're not included. What a blessing it was to receive that Valentine! She immediately made one to send to her. When I tucked her in bed last night, I noticed the Valentine was sitting on her bedside table and a pink monkey stuffed animal that her best friend had given her was tucked in beside her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well put. :-)
Post a Comment