Thursday, April 24, 2008
Second Chance for a Co-op
I posted recently about our struggles with doing a science co-op. We discovered through it that in depth science just wasn't our "thing". We are, however, going to try a history co-op starting in the fall. This is a source of great excitement for my children who love history. Call me crazy for even thinking about this, but we are even going to be doing two separate history programs at the same time in the fall. We'll be continuing (and hopefully finishing up) American history this year while beginning Ancient history with the co-op. Because the co-op is using "Story of the World vol. 1" and this program comes on audio cd, we can do two programs at the same time because we'll listen to the cd's in the car. Because this is our family's 3rd journey through Ancient history and SOTW is on cd, we can manage it. I'm looking forward to it also because there is just three other families involved (who I enjoy spending time with) with a total of six school aged children. I enjoy smaller group a lot more than larger ones because I tend to get overwhelmed when lots of little ones are running amuck and acting their age. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, you *are* crazy! Here I am trying to figure out how I can get by with just ONE history focus, and you're adding another one! :-) Way to make me feel like a homeschool loser! :-0
Don't say that...please don't think that either! I don't have a toddler in my house. Plus, I just have history crazy kids (well one that's history crazy and another that's very interested).
Listen, I feel like a "homeschool loser" when I hear about all the foreign languages you manage to find time to include. I'm pretty sure this is interest driven from your dc like us doing two history programs is interest driven from mine...right? I can barley manage doing Latin consistently with Anne and occasionally doing Greek with both kids. It's so occasional lately that I'm thinking "what's the point?".
You're absolutely right--I am still very much in the "I need to adjust my expectations" mode with Oliver around. Plus, my kids have interests that swing wildly--and vary from kid to kid. ((sigh)) Why can't they all be cookie-cutters like the public schools THINK they are?
And by the way, I am always impressed by your home school. Not by what you *do* or by the curricula you choose ... but by the heart that you put into it. You truly seek to honor the Lord by educating your children, and it is SO apparent. Your priorities are in the right place, cousin. Latin, Greek, history ... all of that is meaningless if we fail to pass on to our children our first love--and you do that abundantly!
You are so sweet. I needed to hear that!
Post a Comment