Monday, September 8, 2008

Adjusting to Our Fall Schedule

School is in full swing here and I have not had the energy to post lately. This must be a common homeschooling Mom phenomenon from the glazed looks that I've seen on many other homeschooling Mom's faces. Maybe it's just because our children are middle school aged, I don't know. Anyway, I don't think I'm alone. I'm curious about how many outside activities your children participate in...would you please post a comment with what you do. Here's our "outside activities" (as in out of the house) schedule:

Monday:
-Kung Fu
-Art Class (just Anne)

Tuesday:
-Astronomy co-op (every other week)
-Kung Fu
-Tap/Jazz (just Anne)

Wednesday:
-?Church Youth Group?...I'm tossing this around, but I haven't decided.

Thursday:
-History co-op every other week
-Kung Fu
-Musical Theater (just Anne)

Friday:
-1st and last Friday of the month: fun evening activities at Kung Fu

Peter is much, much more active in Kung Fu and does several classes as well as helps teach two classes a week. Kung Fu is his passion! Anne attends one Kung Fu class and I've scheduled her other activities while we would be waiting for Peter.

11 comments:

mary grace said...

Whew! You're one busy momma this year! Isn't it amazing how much non-homeschooling homeschooling families do? :-) Our schedule is very similar to yours it seems.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

MWF Therapy, Piano
T once a month book club
S Sunday School
F possibly adding a class
W resumes Swim Squad as soon as Therapy drops off schedule

Joy said...

WOW! Writing it down on paper, I realize just how busy I am!
Monday- Art (Sarah)
Civil Air Patrol (Michael)
Tuesday- Science Co-op (Sarah)
SCC(Michael)
Tap/Jazz (Sarah)
Thursday- History Co-op (Sarah)
Civil Air Patrol (Michael)
Friday- Biology/History/English co-op (Michael)
Preschool Co-op (Samuel and Claire)

I lead one of the science co-ops as well as being leader of our homeschool group. Thankfully we have been blessed with a wonderful homeschool support group, where we have a lot of parent involvement. It makes my job so much easier and much more enjoyable! I am so thrilled and happy to be a part of our group!

LaRessie said...

You are a busy woman. I am not sure I want to write down what we do. I may cry. LOL

Monday-
Tap/Jazz- Kamy
Dance teacher assistant-Kira
Technique - Kira and Karena
Lyrical - Kira

Tuesday-
Ballet - Kamy and Kira
Ballet - Karena

Wednesday -
Piano - Kira
Church - all

Thursday -
Nature Studies Co op - all
Tap/Jazz - Kira and Karena
Hip Hop - Karena
Dance teacher assist - Kira

WOW that was not so bad.. just LOTS of girls at one place mostly.
It does keep us busy though.

Kindred Blessings said...

I didn't even get into all the different classes at Kung Fu: it was too overwhelming to list!

I really consider all these classes that both children take to be a part of school. There is a lot, but my prayer is that all these classes will help them grow into Godly, healthy and well-rounded adults.

mary grace said...

Oooh, ooh! My turn!

M Visitation (Oliver)

MW soccer practice (Jo, Atticus and Logan)

T Youth Group (Jo) Archery (Atticus) **possibly suspending T activities until soccer season is over**

TH Visitation (Oliver) O/T every other week (Oliver) AWANA (Atticus & Logan, Jo helps out in Sparks)

SAT soccer games (Atticus & Logan)

SUN soccer game (Jo)

Anne Devlin said...

Wow! I thought I had a lot on my plate :-) Here's my schedule - I won't count Max's activities because HE TURNS 18 in 3 days!!!! and he drives himself everywhere anyway - :-D

M - Suzy has band & Lily has Chinese
T - Ben has Spanish
W - Suzy has art and band
Th - both girls have Science Co-op, Suzy babysits in eve
F - free day, though we have playgroup in the am if we choose
to attend
Sat - free - though usually something is on the calendar
Sun - evenings - alternate weeks church home group or youth group

oh, and JJ and I just joined a health club - time to lose the baby fat! :-O

Benny said...

Boy. All that makes my activity schedule look downright boring. ;o)

My oldest is only 6 though, so I'm sure we'll get there.

We have soccer practice on Mondays, Awana on Wednesdays, soccer games for two boys on Saturdays, and Church Sunday mornings. And that's it... for now.

Benny

Anonymous said...

It's music here but I'm down to just Ditz:

Wed: violin then choir (rehearsal & theory)

Thursday: flute

Fri: drama

Sat: piano

Plus assorted concerts that may have a run of a day or a week & we are on a very small island so travel to the mainland for most of it. Book recommendations always welcome! :D

mary grace said...

I tagged you on my blog.

http://booksandbairns.blogspot.com/2008/09/tag-im-it.html

Six-Akers said...

Ok, ours are "little" but I burn out so we have already cut back if you can believe it.
SO right now it's
Sunday
Worship and SErvice
Youth Outreach
Sometimes homegroup

Mondays
Sometimes I work
Othertimes I just try to catch up on stuff and get in some "schooling"

Tuesdays
Soccer
Science Coop when we make it

Wednesdays
Church

Thursdays
HOME

Friday
Usually I work
Preschool coop
Tumbling

Saturday
Soccer
And sometimes I work


And other days I go OUT to work as needed:)

But it always seems SOOOOOO busy....I think it just will get worse.

YOUR schedules are definitely BUSY!!!!!!!