I love the eccentricities of pre-teen girls especially when that girl is my own. Anne isn't a "fashion hound" nor is she generally concerned with trends or what her peers are wearing. She just likes what she likes (usually because of the texture or the color of the clothing). Comfort is of utmost importance to her. Socks are one of her favorite things to wear (and collect). The crazier the colors, the better. Here's some of her fun and lively combinations that I've captured:
Here she sporting her new "mis-matched' leg warmers that she wore to her dance class last evening. The slight bit of red and white sock that's poking out of the bottom of the leg warmers are her Christmas socks that light up. The leg warmers were the hit of the class: one girl summed it up by saying "those rock"! Our puppy particularly likes the pom-poms! Also, she was promoted in Kung Fu yesterday. The tradition is that they are to wear their new sashes for 24 hours. Therefore, so she (proudly) wore hers to dance. Notice the bit of green and blue silk at the top right of the picture? That's her new belt (sash): she now a green with a blue stripe sash rank! I'm proud of her; she's worked hard.
5 comments:
Congrats on Anne's new belt!! I also think it is neat she loves wacky socks and I just love those leg warmers!! Sarah loves crazy socks like that also. No wonder they get along so great!
Congratulations to Anne. Wow, those are some wild socks. That's nice that she has her own sense of style.
Love the socks!!! Too cute!! She is just like Laura... I love fun socks too. Especially the ones with the different colored toes!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Very cool! My girls liked her style!
All that effort into matching outfits and colors was wasted on that girl. :-)
Post a Comment