Monday, July 13, 2009

Beach Trip

I've been very slack about updating my blog...so slack that my (extremely busy) Mother mentioned to me that I haven't updated my blog since April!
Well, in May (yes, two months ago) our family went to Tybee Island, Georgia. We had a wonderfully relaxing week spending many days just enjoying the island atmosphere and our family. "Our family" consists of my parents (Mamaw and Papaw), myself, Peter and Anne. IRL (in real life) our house is a very busy place. We have an office/home business where people are constantly coming and going. I homeschool Peter and Anne and between business, friends, family, neighbors, we often have more than half a dozen or more non-residents in and out of our home/office daily. Having non-residents walking through our home is so common that I don't even startle anymore! LOL It's all good though and I'm not complaining, but you can see the novelty of us having a week to ourselves!
Anne, Papaw & Peter enjoying the ocean one evening.


Anne goofing off with the decorations at a Seafood restaurant.




Visiting Fort Pulaski National Monument.
This was the highlight of the trip for my Dad and Peter (they both love history)!




We spent a day in Savannah. We went on a historic trolley tour, saw my old Alma Mater (SCAD...Savannah College of Art and Design) and were fortunate enough to get a lunch reservation at "The Lady & Sons" (Paula Deen's) restaurant. I thought the key lime pie was so pretty that I took a picture of it! It tasted even better than it looked though. Mom and I each ordered one, but were so full that we only ate a few bites. We got a "to go" box and ended up leaving it there! We still are grieving the loss of that pie!

Lunch at Paula's was the highlight on the vacation for Anne who loves to cook and watch Food Network.



My Mom ("Mamaw") is going to get me for this, but here is a picture of Peter
teaching Mamaw his version of Tai Chi (or Kung Fu forms done slowly
since he hasn't learned a lot about Tai Chi yet).

3 comments:

Aimee's Cabins said...

You went to SCAD?? Tell me all... I have been looking at it online...We should talk :o)

Anne Devlin said...

Love the pic of Peter and your mom - too cute!

Kindred Blessings said...

It was a "too cute" situation Anne. Peter was remarkably patient, but in the end we all broke up laughing.