Anne took this photo of Peter interacting with a gibbon.

Peter took this beautiful photograph of a white tiger.
I haven't written on my blog in ages...so long that I would be shocked if anyone actually reads this anymore! LOL...Since *you* are reading this, leave a comment for me please.
One of my goals for the school year was to be intentional about going on field trips. Last fall I had a serious illness that seemed to sap the energy I needed to do "extras" (like field trips) for much of the school year. Also, the realization has struck me that I have only five years left before Peter graduates...only five years! High school is looming on the horizon for Peter and it has caused me to be even more determined to enjoy every second I have with my children while they're in school.
Recently, we went took a field trip to a nearby zoo and had a fabulous time. Animals are such a fascination for Peter, Anne and I. Somehow, we never tire of watching our favorite creatures be their selves (or as much of their selves that they can be in the confines of a zoo). Peter was fascinated by the large cats on this trip. He almost took over my camera in his enthusiasm for photographing the lions and tigers. Anne was absolutely charmed by a golden colored male gibbon. She must have "played" with him for over 45 minutes. He loved playing "peek a boo" and would take a leaf from her that she handed him through a small crack in the enclosure. Gibbons are very vocal creatures and you can hear him "talking" to her.

7 comments:
I love your attitude--only five years left! That's what I try to carry with me every day, though all that I do. Who knows when you will do something for the last time? Maybe it's something small (like changing diapers ... which I don't love, but hey ... it's a stage!) all the way to graduating them from homeschool.
JOY. I'm so glad that you've captured it! You're a wonderful mom!
Awww...thanks MG! You're too sweet. I think we're alike in wanting to enjoy every moment with our children. By the way, you're a great Mom too.
We're you at the zoo in the center of our state? Is that a good half-way point? Been thinking it would be fun to meet up soon. What else is about halfway? :-)
No, it wasn't the one you were thinking of. I'll have to do some research about what's halfway.
Love the photo at the top.
Yea!! I am so happy to see new pictures of the kids!! I check it all the time and figure you must be as busy as I am.....
I am new to your blog and glad to find someone using almost the same books as we are...we are homeschooling in Egypt, our children's ages are close... i have 13yodd and 12yods and a 5yo preschooler.
Post a Comment