Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Illness...

Well, this week I've taken a child/children to the Dr. two times and have filled two prescriptions for antibiotics. I ended up taking Anne in today. In the scheme of illness, she wasn't incredibly sick...However, I know her pattern and it was progressing. It would have been terribly ill on Saturday when the Doctor's office wasn't open. Doesn't this seem to always be the way with children? Anne has swollen glands, a fever and a sinus infection. She's also lost weight because she doesn't eat much when she feels bad. This is frustrating because she doesn't need to loose weight (she's naturally thin). She's lost about 3 lbs which sounds like very little, but it's significant for her. Why can't I have this problem? LOL I also had the Dr. look in Peter's ear while we were there anyway and it's a better, but still inflammed. Looking at the bright side, it has been an enjoyable and low key week. The kids and I have done tons of reading, worked puzzles and enjoyed each other's company. It's been nice not running to activities.

Thanks for all the prayers and checking on us. It makes me feel good that we're thought of. Hopefully, we'll be fully functioning soon!

2 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

We are praying for your family...If you need anything let us know. Some how we have managed to skip past everything so far...

mary grace said...

Hopefully this will be a nice distraction (HA!):

I tagged you on my blog for a Meme. Welcome to blogging! :-)

http://booksandbairns.blogspot.com/2008/03/meme-and-contest.html