1. Doctors love to prescribe Zithromax first...it seems to be effective if you catch the infection early (like in Anne's case), but not when you're really sick (like in Peter's)!
2. The antibiotic Augmentin (Peter's 2nd prescription) apparently causes some people not to sleep well. Peter fell asleep at 2:30 am last night and after midnight several other nights.
3. Homeschooling is a much more harmonious process when the teacher is relaxed. This comes from a comment from my Mother. She stated that I'm not stressing so much about school this year especially since testing is coming up in May! I'm making progress! Whopee!
4. The 6th grade spelling book I had purchased for Anne is way, way too easy for her. She had been using Spelling Power until around October '07 when she begged for a workbook similar to her brother's. This past week I tested her spelling level through Spelling Power's Survey test and she test at an 8th grade level. No wonder she was getting A's on every pretest of the workbook! We're now switching back to Spelling Power because she realizes that she enjoys the word lists more than busywork!
5. Peter never tires of Kung Fu. He could live there and practically does anymore! He especially loves the Teen Class and enjoys assisting in the 5 - 8 year old class and the 9 -12 year old class.
6. Peter can break a 1" thick board with his elbow and the side of his hand! He got to do this in the once a month Friday evening "Breaking Class" at Kung Fu. He was proud and so am I!
7. Peter is halfway to being a (youth) black belt in Kung Fu! He was promoted to a purple belt with a green stripe this week. Anne is on her 4th belt and now wears a yellow belt with an orange stripe. The both were so pleased.
8. God truly answers prayers. I prayed hard for for Peter for over 3 years for an activity or sport that Peter would love and excel in. I was also very specific in praying that the instructor be a Christian and a positive role model for Peter. God has answered these prayers and then some!
9. My daughter has my car's license plate number memorized...and I don't even know the number! When I questioned her, she looked at me like I had lizards crawling out of my ears and said in a incredulous tone "You don't have your tag number memorized, Mom?"
10. Anne considers people who are in their 60's to be "elderly". In a story she was writing, she referred to a character as "an elderly gentlemen in his 60's". Her Papaw was surprised to learn that he is "elderly". LOL
11. The city of Kathmandu is in Nepal. Anne asked me how to spell "Kathmandu" one day in the car. I told her "Honey, I'm not 100% sure how to spell it...and I'm not even sure what country it's in either." She was shocked! When I asked her how she knew this, she said "I looked it up on the map."
2 comments:
Tell Anne that Uncle C. is heading to Kathmandu in June. Maybe he'll bring her back a sherpa's autograph. :-)
Happy Easter!!
Post a Comment