Here's a photo of our wall timeline that I made in January of 2005. I love our timeline because it is a visual reminder of what we've studied. It's interesting to "see" the connections in the framework of a timeline. I realized after a brief trial with our timeline being in a book that we needed something that we would look at daily. It is not only a timeline of history, but it has become our history (of what we've studied). It is made from sentence strips and bulletin board boarders and attached to the wall using removable tape. I wish that I would have allowed more room in the last 400 years of the timeline because certain areas are now too full and a little cluttered. This photo is from late in 2005 and we've had a lot of additions in the last two years so I really need to take another photo. It's interesting to see all the changes though. Friday, August 15, 2008
Our Wall Timeline
Here's a photo of our wall timeline that I made in January of 2005. I love our timeline because it is a visual reminder of what we've studied. It's interesting to "see" the connections in the framework of a timeline. I realized after a brief trial with our timeline being in a book that we needed something that we would look at daily. It is not only a timeline of history, but it has become our history (of what we've studied). It is made from sentence strips and bulletin board boarders and attached to the wall using removable tape. I wish that I would have allowed more room in the last 400 years of the timeline because certain areas are now too full and a little cluttered. This photo is from late in 2005 and we've had a lot of additions in the last two years so I really need to take another photo. It's interesting to see all the changes though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so neat! I am hoping to do something similar this year. I think it will help my kids out a lot. Thanks for sharing!
So, is this the timeline at the new house, or the old one? It must be the new one, b/c I think the old one was on the stairs ... right?
This is the one at the old house. I'm going to take an updated one soon and I'll post it. When we moved I ended up putting them on two giant bulletin boards that someone gave me.
So this is what you were talking about! We did a simpler version of it that we took down and rolled up. I like it.
THanks!
It is really neat, especially the change "then and now". We use a timeline book, and we also find it interesting to see the connections between literature, music, art, history, famous people, and events.
Post a Comment