Thursday, August 7, 2008

Writing Camp


Anne had the opportunity to attend a three day
"Writing Camp" this week. It was a wonderful experience for her! The (three) other children in the camp were also homeschoolers about her age and shared her love of writing. Her teacher was enthusiastic, encouraging and seemed to know how to nurture young writers. Anne is already begging to go back to camp next year. I am hopeful that there will be other writing classes this school year that she'll be able to participate in.

Yesterday was the last day of camp and my family and I were treated to a "Public Reading" by Anne and the other young authors. As a parent, we all have moments that we'll never forget: Anne's reading yesterday was one of those moments. I don't think I've ever felt so proud of her or known that she was truly exhibiting the natural giftings that God has given her. She stood at the podium full of joy, poise and grace and read the story that she wrote at camp. I love her heart and imagination and am so thankful that she had the opportunity to be involved in a camp where she can explore and learn about something she loves.

1 comment:

mary grace said...

YEAH, ANNE!!!!

I still remember my first public reading. It was terrifying and exhilarating ... all at the same time! Hopefully, Anne will have the same fond memories!