Thursday, July 31, 2008

Continuing to Organize for School

I admit it; I love to organize for school and not only before the new school year begins: I seem to enjoy it all year long! I've been working on our schedule for extra-curricular activities. Peter does a lot of Kung Fu classes which leaves Anne sort of sitting around several evenings a week after her class is over. Granted, she hangs out with friends and reads etc, but it seems like there could be other things she could be doing. I had been fretting about what to do with her to better utilize the time. I thought about enrolling her in art classes, but I feel like spending money on having someone someone else to teach her art is a waste since my job (before homeschooling and being a full time Mom) was teaching art! Anne, however, decided that she wanted to do a dance class (tap and jazz to be specific) and a theater class. So, ultimately it all worked out. Peter couldn't be happier: he could spend every spare moment training at Kung Fu...and he basically does! Anne still loves Kung Fu, but is branching out. I'm happy about this because I feel that she needs more interaction with girls. She is the only girl in her Kung Fu class, there is only one other girl near her age in the homeschool group and we're doing church at home for the time being. I think the dance and theater classes will be good for her!

No comments: