Friday, July 25, 2008

Organizing for School

Today I've been organizing the basement which is where our homeschool room is. I like having a space dedicated to doing our schoolwork because it is in a location where we won't get interrupted too often. Since we have a home business/office, this is an awesome attribute! I don't know about you, but I really enjoy trying to get organized for a "new" school year. Why is it that the more you organize, the more you realize that you have to organize? After a couple of hours of work today, I realized that I could literally spend several more days working and not have everything "just so". Of course, I wasn't limiting my organizing to the third of the basement dedicated to homeschooling, I ended up working on the whole thing! I have this slightly ADD tendency where I start in one spot and then when I carry something to where I'm going to place it, I start something else and so on and so on and so on...Ugh!

Today (while organizing), I also realized how many items I have for a used curriculum sale. Unfortunately, my homeschool group's sale isn't until next March or April! I've been "saving" so many items "just in case", but my children have aged out of many of those items! Therefore, if you have a child that is in 2nd through 5th grade and you are looking for something, send me a message and I may have it for you! I will note that I resisted my ADD impulse to start boxing items up...mainly because I didn't want to look at boxes until next spring.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I know a couple of families that might could use some of your books. I will e-mail those names to you in a bit.