Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Been Too Long

It has been a long time since I've posted. I've been very, very sick for over a month. I haven't felt well since I had food poisoning back in July. On the weekend of September 19th, I must have come in contact with some type of food-born bacteria again because I had another terrible weekend. I thought I was recovering, but for the next two weeks, I never felt good. My stomach hurt constantly and I rarely slept through a night. When I finally went to the doctor on Sept. 26th, I was diagnosed with a major infection in my abdomen. My white blood cell count reached a critical level over that weekend. I truly believe that I would not be here today if it wasn't for the prayers of family and friends and the care I received.

I have learned a very important lesson about not ignoring pain. I have a very high pain tolerance so I really did not realize how sick I was. I am so thankful that I'm still here! My children need me: I can't imagine how hard it would have been on them. They've lost their father and to lose their mother too...anyway, I'm so full of praise to God! I'm still very weak, but I'm on the road to recovery.

4 comments:

mary grace said...

Glad you're back. :-)

Anne Devlin said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you are still here and pulling through! I had no idea you were that sick! Will be praying for continued healing!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow. I am glad your better.

Joy said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!!!