Sunday, December 7, 2008

Remind Me...

Next time I freak out about because of a comment made by a public school parent, tell me to relax!! The very same person that I allowed to get me worked up in late October told me this week (with an air of pride mind you) that her child was starting to read her 3rd novel of the school year! Yeah...3rd. My less avid reader (Peter) has finished 20 books so far this school year.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Does the child not read on their own? I can't count the number of books my kids have read this year....We read quite a few books for school but more for just the fun of it!

Kindred Blessings said...

I don't think she has time which is why that's she's proud that she's read two books this year. She is really scheduled: something every night of the week and activities flowing into the weekend. She also gets several hours of homework each night and over the weekend. Her Mom said that she's sometimes up until 11:00pm doing it and even does it during dinner! With their schedule finishing two books is an accomplishment!

It's sad,isn't it? I feel like we have a full schedule, but my kids have plenty of time to read for enjoyment and explore their own interests.