Monday, February 2, 2009

World War No More!!

Last year about this time my cousin Mary Grace http://booksandbairns.blogspot.com/wrote an entry into her blog about how tired she and her daughter were of studying the World Wars. I remembering thinking that it couldn't be so bad, could it? Well, now I have sympathy for her plight because I am living through WWI and I'm so ready for it to be over! Peter is loving every detail of this long and gruesome war, but Anne and I are ready for it to end. When it ends then we'll soon be learning about WWII (but maybe this will be better?? LOL).

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

A side trip into the art and music of that time before moving on to the next one may be uplifting. It also is enlightening to see how the political period effects music and art. Unfortunately, I am not fully versed in the WWI, Ami has spent much of her time this year studying the art, music, and science of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. But with Sister Wendy's art books, free Internet sites, wikipedia for bios, and a book of music history you could look and listen to quite a bit. One of the artists she did study from WWI, on a tangent, was Franz Marc. He died in WWI.

Kindred Blessings said...

Excellent suggestion! Thanks! Anne would enjoy studying the art of that era; I don't know why I had not thought of it. In fact, she was looking at a reproduction of Franz Marc's Blue Horses a couple of days ago.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Thanks. I was excited to read you were an art major and studied art history.

Kindred Blessings said...

Yes, I have a BFA in painting with a minor in Art History from the Savannah College of Art and Design. I also did post-bacc work to become a certified art teacher and taught high school fine/visual arts for 3 years before becoming a full time mother and teacher.