Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Testing is Complete!!

Peter and Anne had their state required testing (for homeschooling) done today. I cannot tell you what relief it is that it's over! I feel like a "wrung out rag" right now. The examiner was wonderful and very, very positive and I enjoy getting feedback and input. However, I always feel like I'm the one being tested...and in reality, I am. What Peter and Anne know or don't know is a reflection of what they've been taught by me (and retained...LOL). I cannot blame a poor teacher or the school system that's for sure!

What is ironic and somewhat frustrating to me is that even though I spend a lot of time teaching Bible, History, Science, Geography and other subjects outside the three-R's, they are only tested on Language Arts and math! When I took the SAT, it was the same too. I've never figured this out! A truly educated person needs to have a wider knowledge base, don't they?

Anyway, I am joyful celebrating. Testing is over for another year! They each did well and showed progress this year and most importantly to me right now is that it's over!

3 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

Yippie Skippie!!! I know you must be relieved....

mary grace said...

I was so glad to hear that God brought a friendly face to your testing table! :-)

Mountain Momma said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your trip!