Friday, January 18, 2008

Anne's Current Books

One of Anne's favorite pastimes is reading (which is why she leaves a trail of books wherever she goes). She generally chooses what she reads according to what interests her (with some guidance from me). Today alone she completed three books and has over a dozen others in progress. It astounds me that she can keep up with so many plots and topics. I certainly was not interested in doing this when I was 10 years old. I love that she loves to read!

Anne's January Books:
- The Shiloh trilogy (She's completed the 1st two books and is reading the 3rd book)
-"The Heros" by Charles Kingsley (Greek Myths)
-"The Hobbit"
-The Encyclopedia Brown series (she's completed two; I think two more are in progress)
-Beautiful Joe by Marshall Saunders
-Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White (I assigned this one)
-The American Girl Addy series (re-reading: I think this is a reaction to Peter's interest in the Civil War)
-A reference book on Science and Technology (She's taking notes on this and logging the experiments)
-Two reference books on Schnauzer's
-Shel Silverstein books: "A Light in the Attic" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (she loves these!)
-"The Horse and His Boy" by C.S. Lewis
-Louis Pasteur biography
-Detectives in Togas (finished)
-Geronimo Stilton books (I think she's finished 8 of these...she loves the humor!)

No comments: