I received a forwarded e-mail today from a friend that I really enjoyed reading. It was full of simple, but very true advice. I've created my own list using a few ideas adapted from the e-mail and some that I just especially need to remember.
1. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule or that God is not calling us to do!
This is advice that I am committed to following! I have been so guilty of getting in over my
head in the past. I have to remember that saying "yes" to one thing means that I am saying
"no" to others. **Focus on where God wants me/us to be and be faithful there.
2. Simplify and unclutter your life and get organized. LOL: I often feel that I'm shoveling snow
while it's still snowing! I have to keep shoveling though or it'll be over my head!
3. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have
me do and let go of the anxiety . If I can't do anything about a situation, leave it to Him. I'm
praying that God will help me do this better!
4. K.M.M.S. (Keep My Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous
amount of trouble. AMEN!
5. Use my time wisely. Carry a Bible with me to read while waiting.
6. Eat right.
7. Every day, find time to be alone. ROFLOL!!! Yeah, sure!
8. When I am having a problem talk to God on the spot. He'll let me struggle on my own until I
ask His help.
9. Make friends with Godly people. Conscientiously develop relationships.
10. Be friends with Non-Believers too! Not as a "project" , but in sincerity. Conscientiously
develop relationships.
11. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you
Jesus.'
12. Kindness Matters. Strive to always be kind even to unkind people (they probably need it the
most).
13. Conscientiously develop relationships with family and friends. Don't take for granted
even those I'm close to.
14 . Every night before bed, think of things that I'm grateful for and thank God for them.
1 comment:
I agree with number 12 and it is very challenging to do sometimes.
We practice number14 every night when I put my daughter to bed.
Post a Comment