Friday, January 18, 2008

Our Trails

This morning as I walked through the house I got "tickled" (to use a colorful Southern metaphor) at the trails our family leaves behind in the house. In the scheme of homes, I'd say we are on the neater side. Our house is clean, but does has some clutter spots which mostly consist of stacks of books and papers in key areas. We "live" in our house, but I wouldn't be ashamed to let a guest in on the majority of days...which is good because on most days we have atleast one person stop by! Keeping clutter in check is something that I/we have to work on daily.

Anne is a reader. She has so many books in progress that it boggles my mind! This morning I saw books by her bed, stacked on her dresser, one in my bedroom, one in the kitchen, four in the family room, three in our school area and there are even two in the backseat of the car! These are all books that she has been reading too! She also tends to leave drawings and notebooks "trailing" behind her.

Peter leaves his own set of objects that trail behind him. His usually consists of Legos, action figures and weapons (toy not real!). Last week I even found a Lego man posed on our stair rail. He was ready to do battle and was armored and armed. He has a "Gettysburg" set complete with buidings, cannons, horses, soldiers and General Robert E. Lee set up on a folding table off of the kitchen. I noticed yesterday that some Lego warriers have invaded the battle of Gettysburg. Who knew that could happen? I'm sure that Peter had a senerio in mind.

Our terrier also leaves trails. I find dog toys and chew bones in random places throughout the house: in the kitchen, on the stairs, in the family room etc. She's pampered and loved so much that we brought her a pink, Mickey Mouse shaped sheepskin toy back from our recent trip to Disney World...as if she needed another toy!

I won't go into my own trails except to say that mine usually consists of books for homeschooling, resources for teaching children's church, catalogs, bills and books for my own reading. Don't you want to come over for a visit now? I think I'll go "clean" now!

2 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

I wish cleaning was a project you could do and be done with... It just never ends!!! There are so many other things I would rather be doing. I wish I wasn't such a slob. I am in the middle of cleaning the kitchen now...well okay I had to take a break the house got quiet so I hopped online... but, I will finish hopefully before I go to bed. Tomorrow is J's birthday. So, of course I have to clean because I cannont find the counter anywhere. They have dissapeared under the dishes, mail, lunch boxes, bills, camera and who knows what else... Anyways...if you arent' doing anything come on over and hang out... The party is at 2:30 but, you could come early if you want to play in the snow if we really get any... :o)

Kindred Blessings said...

Thanks for the invite; that was so sweet of you. I was too late in the planning! I hope J had a great b-day!