Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Precious Gift from God

My friend's baby girl was born today! I'm so happy for this couple; this is their first child and they've struggled with infertility/miscarriages for over 6 years. This baby is so wanted and is a true blessing.


My friend's labor was induced yesterday (Friday) morning and by the account I received, she was not progressing and was still only dilated to 3 centimeters this morning. Having had extremely long labors myself, I decided to stop by and offer my encouragement even if I could only send it through a nurse. I had Anne with me and we were doing some errands and this was a spur of the moment decision. When we got to the labor and delivery hall, I asked a nurse which room she was in and if we could have a short visit. She made sure it was alright for us to enter and we did. I immediately noticed that things were in a bit of a disarray. As it turns out, she had just had the baby 30 minutes earlier and Anne and I came in even before the family! I was a bit dumbfounded and felt so bad (like I had intruded), but I was so thrilled for them. My friend was exhausted but happy. Her husband and the baby was down in the nursery. We went down to see her and she was just beautiful! Her father was with her and was so proud. After we left, I mentally kicked myself for not taking the picture of him standing over her with love in his eyes. My only defense is that I was so emotional!


Please say prayers for this sweet little girl and her parents. Baby B. had to go into surgery a couple of hours after she was born. She had some sort of an air pocket near/around her lungs and her breathing was affected. I understand that's she doing fine though. I just can't imagine how it would feel to have your precious little newborn daughter be operated on.

3 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

I am so happy for your friend and baby B!!! I will keep them in my prayers as they both recover.... I bet she is a cutie... I can't wait to see her... Let us know if we can bring them dinner or anything once she comes home from the hospital.. I don't have their numbers...

Kindred Blessings said...

L has already been organizing meals. I'll connect you with her tomorrow.

mary grace said...

How strange that the nurse didn't explain the situation! Oh, well ... the more eyes to love on newborn babies, the better! And what a wonderful treat for Anne. Jo was there minutes after friend J's last boy was born, and she still says he was amazingly cute and small. :-)