As I was going through my e-mails tonight, I could hear that my son is listening to a "Hank the Cowdog" audiobook. Sometimes I feel like Hank: I think I have things figured out and I really have it all very wrong! If you know ole' Hank, you'll understand. If you don't know him, go to the library and check out a "Hank" audiobook. It's an experience that you'll never forget and you'll enjoy it as much as your children. The books are better on audio because you have the benefit of the voices and accents.
On of my favorite "Hank" experiences happened last summer. I was driving home from gymanstics where my daughter had team practice and my son had "enjoyed" day camp (not really...he was "over" it after this memorable day!). I was carpooling two of my daughter's teamates and my son was tolerating their mere prescence because they were girls...and annoying ones in his opinion! Anne usually enjoyed both girls, but would have rather not been forced to deal with one of them on that particular day. The other two girls were not always the best of buds: they could really rub each other the wrong way at times. Because the girls on the team spent so much time together they were like sisters! You get the picture: I was trying to get through this 50 minute car ride peacefully! So, I put in a "Hank the Cowdog" audiobook and basically said "We're going to listen to this kids: you'll love it!". Then I put the volume up loud enough so that they had no choice but to listen to it. Within ten minutes all of them were intently listening to "Hank" and laughing hysterically! While the trip home wasn't peaceful per se, it was enjoyable and conflict free! Ole' Hankie saved the day!
2 comments:
We love Hank, too. You should hear my mid-western born dh do the accents. :-)
You should hear Peter; sometimes I think Hank goes to his brain!
Post a Comment